GENERAL MARINE NOTICE No. 04 of 2024
Public Consultation on the introduction of revised Canals and Shannon Navigation Bye Laws
Phase 2 – 15 January to 26 February 2024
Waterways Ireland is inviting members of the public and interested parties to have their say on proposed revisions to the Shannon Navigation and Canals bye-laws by making a submission to a public consultation, which reopens on Monday 15 January 2024 and runs until 26 Feb 2024.
The consultation covers the Shannon Navigation (including the Shannon-Erne Waterway) and the Royal and Grand canals and the Barrow Line & Navigation.
Information on proposed bye-laws:
There three ways in which you can learn about the proposed changes and participate in the public consultation are:
- Visit our Website www.waterwaysireland.org and download the draft byelaws and the explanatory notes.
- Visit a public library on the list on our website www.waterwaysireland.org and review the documents in person.
- Attend one of the public information evenings which are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday 6th February 2024 – 6pm to 9pm – Hodson Bay Hotel
- Wednesday 7th February 2024 – 6pm to 9pm – Mullingar Park Hotel
Feedback can be submitted as follows:
1) Through the online portal on our Website at www.waterwaysireland.org
2) Email your submission to [email protected]
3) Post submission to; Waterways Ireland Inspectorate, Dock Rd, Athlone, Co Westmeath N37 RW26.
Following the public consultation, Waterways Ireland will review the submissions, make any necessary changes to the byelaws and submit them to the Minister for approval.
The closing date for submissions to the public consultation is Friday 26th February 2024.
Waterways Ireland thanks its customers for their co-operation in relation to this matter.
Inspector of Navigation
15 January 2024