This just in via our Irish Waters correspondent Alison Alderton:
19 June to 02 October 2023
Waterways Ireland is inviting members of the public and interested parties to have their say on proposed revisions to the Shannon Navigation and Canals bye-laws by making a submission to a public consultation, which opens on Monday 19 June 2023.
The consultation covers the Shannon Navigation (including the Shannon-Erne Waterway) and the Royal and Grand canals and the Barrow Line & Navigation. The consultation runs from 19th June to 2nd October 2023.
You can learn about the proposed changes and participate in the public consultation in three main ways.
- Public Meetings are planned where staff will provide information on the revisions and feedback can be given.
|North Shannon||The Bush Hotel, Main Street, Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim||26 June||6-9pm|
|South Shannon||Killaloe Spa Hotel, Kincora Harbour, Killaloe, Co Clare||27 June||6-9pm|
|Dublin||Maldron Hotel, 98-107 Pearse Street, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 2||28 June||6-9pm|
|Barrow||Seven Oaks Hotel, Athy Road, Carlow, Co Carlow||3 July||6-9pm|
|Royal Canal||Mullingar Park Hotel, Dublin Road, Mullingar, Co Westmeath.||4 July||6-9pm|
|Grand Canal||Tullamore Court Hotel, O’Moore Street, Tullamore, Co Offaly||5 July||6-9pm|
|Mid Shannon||IWAI HQ, Dunrovin, Coosan, Athlone, Co Westmeath N37 Y6E5||10 Jul||6-9pm|
- Visit our Website www.waterwaysireland.org and download the draft byelaws and the explanatory notes.
- Visit a public library on the list on our website www.waterwaysireland.org and review the documents in person.
Feedback is welcome using the link on the website, or you can:
- Email your submission to [email protected]
- Post submission to; Waterways Ireland Inspectorate, Dock Rd, Athlone, Co Westmeath N37 RW26.
Following the public consultation, Waterways Ireland will review the submissions make any necessary changes to the bylaws and submit them to the Minister for approval to proceed.
The closing date for submissions to the public consultation is Monday, 2nd October 2023.
Waterways Ireland thanks its customers for their cooperation in relation to this matter.
Inspector of Navigation
19 June 2023