New for 2022, enjoy a 3 hour guided tour of the following locations;
-Leawood Pump House
-The Nightingale Arm
The trip includes a complementary tea or coffee and a guided tour of the traditional boatman’s cabin on board Birdswood.
Trips are offered in the afternoons of 18th April 2022 and the 2nd May 2022 and will offer more dates if there is sufficient demand.
• Birdswood makes our normal trip up to the moorings at the Leawood Pumphouse.
• Passengers then disembark with one of the experienced guides, for a short walk taking in the pumphouse, the Wigwell Aqueduct, the Nightingale Arm of the Cromford Canal and the newly restored Aqueduct Cottage.
• At each of the locations your guide will explain the history and significance of the structures and will answer your questions.
• On your return to Birdswood at the Wharf Shed on the opposite bank of the canal, you will be offered complementary tea or coffee.
• During the return trip your guide will invite small groups for a tour of the traditional boatman’s cabin.
The trip duration; 3 hours overall.
Trips start at 14.00 from Cromford Wharf.
Adults £20; Concessions £18; Children £10.
(Note: this trip is not recommended for young children).
For more information & to book, www.birdswood.org
#towpathtalk #canals #canalsandrivers #narrowboat #rivers #waterways #lifeonthecut #boating #boats