News of a new extended and guided premium trip on the narrowboat Birdswood.
After the success and positive reviews, by passengers, of their trial here’s an extended 3 hour guided tour of the following locations;
Leawood Pump House
Enjoy Towpath Talk reading in the monthly paper, delivered to your door.
Click here to subscribe.
The Nightingale Arm
The FCC are offering narrowboats trips on the afternoons of 12th June 2022, 3rd July 2022, 7th August 2022 and the 29th August 2022.
The trip includes a complementary tea or coffee and a guided tour of the traditional boatman’s cabin on board Birdswood.
- Birdswood makes our normal trip up to the moorings at the Leawood Pumphouse.
- Passengers then disembark with one of the experienced guides, for a short walk taking in the pumphouse, the Wigwell Aqueduct, the Nightingale Arm of the Cromford Canal and the newly restored Aqueduct Cottage.
- At each of the locations your guide will explain the history and significance of the structures and will answer your questions.
- On your return to Birdswood at the Wharf Shed on the opposite bank of the canal, you will be offered complementary tea or coffee.
- During the return trip your guide will invite small groups for a tour of the traditional boatman’s cabin.
The trip duration; 3 hours.
Trips, start at 14.00 from Cromford Wharf. DE4 3RQ
Adults £20; Concessions £18; Children £10.
(Note: this trip is not recommended for young children).
For more information & to book, www.birdswood.org.uk
#birdswood #cromfordwharf #friendsofcromfordcanal #towpathtalk #canals #canalsandrivers #narrowboat #rivers #waterways #lifeonthecut #boating #boats
boats for sale and sell your boat for free with Towpath Trader.
- Weekend game changer! - July 5, 2022
- Characters of the Cut: Tracey Hughes, Prince Hal Pottery - July 4, 2022
- CHARITY CELEBRATES 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF ROCHDALE CANAL RESTORATION – the ‘EVEREST OF CANALS’ - July 2, 2022