REVIVING THE COTSWOLD CANALS – A GOLDEN CELEBRATION
Restoring a blue-green landscape, by the people for the people, by Louise Nicholson published by The Cotswold Canals Trust.
**** SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER TO CCT VOLUNTEERS AND MEMBERS ****
**** £15/COPY IF ORDERED OR BOUGHT BEFORE DEC. 20th 2022 (RRP £19) ****
At least £8 from every copy sold will go directly towards further canal restoration
CCT are delighted to publish a book to mark 50 years of astounding achievements. They have been fortunate to have Louise Nicholson, a well-respected, successful, local and international author, bring it together.
The substantial book is much more than a history of CCT:
* It celebrates some of the great moments over the past 50 years, with many personal memories by volunteers
* It puts Cotswold Canals story in its context past and present, and sets out their vision for the future
* It shows how restoring our canals has a wide reach in benefitting the environment, biodiversity and the community
* It suggests things to see and do along the canals, nearby villages to explore, places to eat and drink
* The photographs are by Mike Gallagher, CCT’s documenting photographer for a decade, and often include volunteers
* The specially-commissioned, useful, 3-page, fold-out map, is by local mapmaker George Stevens
Most of all, every page celebrates how loyal members and volunteers, have catalysed great things so that today large amounts of the Cotswold Canals and its environment are restored for everyone to enjoy. To recognise this the book is dedicated on its title page to all volunteers over the past 50 years.
‘Reviving the Cotswold Canals – A Golden Celebration’ is a beautiful reference and memory book to enjoy and treasure. It also makes a perfect Christmas present to give family and friends!
To order now:
Visit the Cotswold Canals Trust website to order online
To buy in person – and have your copy dedicated and signed by the author, Louise:
Come to the celebratory AGM on Saturday 26th November at Stroud Subscription Rooms, 10.30am – free entry!
AND! Join CCT for the official book launch party at Stroud Brewery on Monday 28th November, 18.00 – 19.30. The £9 ticket includes a drink, snacks and cutting the cake, with plenty of CCT Trustees attending. Book tickets via Stroud Brewery website. https://www.tickettailor.com/events/stroudbrewery/783920/