26 February 2015
The company behind some of the UK’s leading motorcycle and motoring events is looking to add an event planner to its growing ranks with applications now being taken for this exciting new role which will be based at its offices in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.
25 February 2015
BARGE operator Exol Lubricants is hitting the small screen this month with an appearance on ITV’s prime time programme Barging Round Britain with John Sergeant.
The company makes effective use of the waterways and canal networks, regularly transporting 500 tonnes of raw material – equivalent to more than 20 road tanker deliveries – from Hull docks to its bulk blending plant in Rotherham.
- Canal Society launches bicentenary appeal
- New policy aims to give “Better Towpaths for Everyone”
- Automated weirs will improve river management
- Birmingham canal closed due to aqueduct leak
- Crackdown on early boat registration evasion on Thames
- Volunteers needed to help restore former Victorian bathing pool
- Central Birmingham canal drained
- The Falkirk Wheel enjoys its busiest ever year
- New policy for boaters without a home mooring
- Divers inspect safety gates
10 February 2015
Explore the beauty of the Caledonian Canal
This clip features footage from The Great Motorboat Tour in which John Boyle undertook a circumnavigation of the British Isles in his motorboat 'Shark Bay'. It covers the journey from Lossiemouth into the Caledonian Canal and the journey through Scotland's most spectacular scenery to the West Coast.
Enjoy this great 'boat's eye' view of the canal's tranquil beauty - from Inverness to Fort Augustus, across Loch Ness taking in sunshine, snow-capped peaks and ruined castles.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 21st April 2015
TPT has teamed up with Central Waterways Supplies to offer four lucky readers the chance to win a complete set of Pearson's Canal Companions worth nearly £100 per set!
Other Feature Articles
24 February 2015
THE first event on the 2015 Making Waves programme of events celebrating the Montgomery Canal, the annual St David’s Day Walk will take place along the towpath on Sunday March 1.
Organised by the Friends of the Montgomery Canal, it will start at 10.30am from the car park of the Golden Lion, Four Crosses SY22 6RB, joining the towpath at Clafton Bridge (No 100) on the way to Llanymynech.
24 February 2015
THE Canal & River Trust is welcoming the return of the Model Boat Show to the National Waterways Museum for the seventh consecutive year over the weekend Saturday and Sunday March 7-8.
The weekend is a fun packed event for enthusiasts and beginners alike as the boats will once again occupy a large section of the canal. Model Boat Clubs from across the North West will assemble to display and exhibit hundreds of the best boats built by their clubs in the past year.
19 January 2015
EACH month we bring you a video from Whilton Marina’s About Narrowboating channel on YouTube. There are currently 56 films covering everything from Blacking a Narrowboat to Different Types of Handrails. This quick video shows you how to use nappy pins when mooring your narrowboat on Armco.
20 November 2014
EACH month we bring you a video from Whilton Marina’s About Narrowboating channel on YouTube. There are currently 56 films covering everything from Blacking a Narrowboat to Different Types of Handrails. We are at the time of the year where people are winterising their narrowboats ready for the winter. This video clip shows what can happen to a boat when it is winterised and a water tank is emptied.
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• 351 boats for sale
• New rules for boaters without a home mooring
• Four chances to win a set of Pearson's Guides
• Interview with mayor at the helm of a £200m project
• Preparing for a starring role at Braunston Rally
• Meet boater who took on the TV Allotment Challenge
• How not to paint your boat
• Next issue on sale: March 26, 2015