£275 WORTH OF PRIZES TO BE WON!
Towpath Talk has 10 pairs of adult three-day passes (each worth £27.50 in advance) to the 2018 Crick Boat Show & Waterways Festival (May 26-28) to give away to readers.
To be in with a chance of winning, visit www.towpathtalk.co.uk and enter your details before May 1, 2018. Terms and conditions apply. The winners will be the first 10 names drawn at random. There are no cash alternatives available.
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR THE 2018 CRICK BOAT SHOW – SAVE 15% ON THE ENTRY PRICE!
As well as being the canal world’s biggest marketplace, showcasing the inland waterways industry with 300 exhibitors, the Show offers a fantastic day out for all the family with dozens of boats to look round, free boat trips, live music, children’s activities, a real ale marquee, and a large variety of food and drink stalls.
Adult tickets are £16 on the gate, £13.60 if purchased in advance. Entry for children aged 16 and under is free. Senior citizens and concessions are £14.50 on the gate, £12.30 in advance. Three-day adult tickets are £32 on the gate, £27.50 in advance. Three-day senior citizen or concession tickets are £29 on the gate, £24.70 in advance.
Tickets will be sent out in May and delivery is free of charge. Advance tickets can be ordered by phone until 4pm Friday 18 May 2018 and online until midnight on Sunday 20 May.
Camping pitch prices start at £35 for one night for a 6m x 6m pitch for a tent and car. Mooring costs start at £1.14 per foot. For more information and to book tickets, camping pitches and moorings, visit www.crickboatshow.com or call 01283 742970.
Crick Boat Show Facts & Figures:
- 19th Crick Boat Show – first held in 1999
- Over 26,000 visitors expected to attend
- 27,167 people visited in 2017, putting attendance up over 20% since 2011
- 300 exhibitors
- 32,000m2 show space to explore
- Boats providing spaces for 1,000 free trips
- 20 food stalls and 1 large bar
- 15 bands and entertainers
- 50 boats exhibiting, including historic working boats
- 300 camping pitches
When: 26-28 May, 2018. Opening times: the Show is open from 10am till 6pm every day except Monday 28 May when it closes at 5pm. Evening entertainment from 7.30pm to 11.30pm on Friday 26, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 May
Where: Crick Marina, West Haddon Road, Crick, Northants NN6 7SQ.
Tickets: Visit www.crickboatshow.com or call 01283 742970
Canals Fact File
- The Canal & River Trust is the guardian of 2,000 miles of historic waterways across England and Wales. It is among the largest charities in the UK, maintaining the nation’s third largest collection of listed structures, as well as museums, archives, navigations and hundreds of important wildlife sites.
- In a typical two-week period, around 4.3million people visit a Canal & River Trust waterway. Some may only use the waterways once, while others may visit most days to walk their dog or commute to work.
- A 58-mile stretch of the beautiful Grand Union Canal passes through Northamptonshire, including the Northampton Arm, and over 3.5million visits are made to the county’s canals each year.