REGISTRATION for 2020’s British Marine Spring Expo is now open, including a host of free and paid for events. Delegates can secure their place online at britishmarine.co.uk/bmexpo.
Taking place on February 4-5, 2020 at the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton, the Expo returns to once again offer a packed two-day schedule of key industry talks and seminars set against a backdrop of learning, networking and business deals being done.
The event will include a range of new free BM Talks delivering the latest training skills, industry insights from leading experts and thought-provoking discussions surrounding the biggest challenges facing our industry today, as well as a free Trade Connections Area.
It will also feature popular ticketed events including the Superyacht UK Technical Seminar, Meet the Buyer and British Marine Trades Association Awards Dinner, in association with Marine Industry News.
This flagship trade event is a must attend for marine professionals from across the sector. Whether you’re a sole trader, manufacturer, service provider or retailer, in the superyacht, leisure or small commercial sector, there is something for everyone.
Delegates can tailor their visit to fit their business objectives and budget. The packed two-day programme includes:
Exploring hot topics such as:
- Social media – a powerful and often under-utilised tool, how you can reach more customers and ultimately increase your bottom line
- Brexit – what could it mean for boatbuilders? Experts will be looking at how can prepare for post-Brexit certification, regulations and harmonised standards
- Cyber Security – did you know businesses are more likely to be a victim of a cybercrime than a physical robbery? Listen to experts who can help you protect you and your assets
- Environment – an expert panel will take an in-depth look at the opportunities available with the development of alternative propulsion systems as we move towards a zero emissions future
- Participation – identifying the five boating market segments, speakers will look at how segmentation is used in other leisure industries to effectively personalise, develop and communicate product offers
- Managing Change – change is an inevitable part of life. Hear experts from GL Connects cover a variety of ways you can cost-effectively manage change in your business
- Apprenticeships – ideal for SMEs, the talk will cover the spectrum of apprenticeship opportunities, including non-marine related schemes, and how you can best engage with the process of recruiting an apprentice and the support available
- Small Commercial – learn where you can find and how to complete Tender documents, plus get an update on the MCA Technology Innovation Group’s interpretations for workboats
Trade Connections Area
At the heart of the Expo will be an all new pop-up trade and networking area with a variety of companies displaying their latest and most innovative products to the hundreds of visitors. From marine distributors and suppliers to equipment manufacturers and service providers, confirmed brands include Aquafax, Roaming Expert, Dixon Group, Meridian Chartware, North Marketing and Celsus UK. Open from 9am each day, it will be a hive of activity promising the perfect environment to meet new suppliers and explore the latest technology revolutionising businesses.
Admission to all the BM Talks is free-of-charge when registered online and access to the Trade Connections Area is complimentary to all ticket holders.
Superyacht UK Technical Seminar
Day two will play host to the 10th edition of the Superyacht UK Technical Seminar. It attracts a pool of pioneering and ambitious delegates from across the sector looking to hear from a variety of respected speakers on a wide range of current legislative hot topics in the UK’s superyacht sector. Tickets start from £150 for members and £240 for non-members.
Meet the Buyer
On day one, the popular Meet the Buyer event will offer UK suppliers of marine products and service the unique opportunity to meet with a wide range of buyers, such as internationally renowned boatbuilders and distributors. Tickets coming soon.
British Marine Trades Association Awards Dinner, in association with Marine Industry News
Taking place on the first night of the Expo, the ever-popular Awards Dinner is an evening of networking, gourmet food, coveted awards and if you’re feeling lucky, a spin on the roulette table. Tickets start from £60.
Lesley Robinson, CEO at British Marine, commented: “Following the success of British Marine’s inaugural Expo this year, next February we will once again host a packed schedule of new free talks and seminars with our most established events to showcase and connect all sectors of the marine industry.
“We look forward to welcoming hundreds of industry professionals at the forthcoming’ British Marine Spring Expo, delivering leading expertise, a wealth of knowledge and a host of networking opportunities.”
Further information and updates on British Marine Spring Expo can be found at britishmarine.co.uk/bmexpo.