Intersection of: Lock 13, Pollington Lock to New Bridge on Aire & Calder Navigation Main Line
and Went End Aqueduct to Went End Aqueduct on New Junction Canal
Update on 07/12/2021:
Please ensure that skippers of all craft reduce their speed through the breach site to minimise further bank damage.
Update on 11/11/2021:
UPDATE: the areas where underwater obstructions may be present have been marked with yellow/orange buoys.
Do not navigate between the marker buoys and the bank edge – keep out of these areas.
Please be aware lengths of bank above and below the breach site at New Bridge have suffered extensive damage due to the breach. Repairs are programmed to take place during 2022 and 2023. Until the repairs are undertaken and completed, please note the following information and adhere to instructions regarding mooring:
No mooring or overnight staying in the section from:
- 200m west of New Bridge (Grid Reference SE67608 20410) to
Went Aqueduct (SE 65002 18441) and
Pollington Lock (SE 61644 19194)
- – hidden underwater obstructions that could pose a danger to navigation are to be found within this area along the bank edges on both sides.
- – when navigating keep to the centre line where possible. When passing other craft keep a minimum of 4m from the bank edge where possible.
- ANDERTON BOAT LIFT HOSTS BEHIND-THE-SCENES PUBLIC OPEN WEEKEND (February 26 and 27) - January 20, 2022
- Aire & Calder navigation fish deaths: Freight traffic suspended! - January 19, 2022
- National Waterways Museum Gloucester - January 18, 2022