Intersection of: Lock 13, Pollington Lock to New Bridge on Aire & Calder Navigation Main Line
and Went End Aqueduct to Went End Aqueduct on New Junction Canal
ADVICE (9.30am Friday 20 August 2021 until further notice)
We are pleased to report that the Aire & Calder Navigation is open and operational Friday 20th August from 09:30hrs. There will be no need for leisure boaters to pre-book passage between Skyehouse and Pollington Locks. Through passage to and from Rawcliffe and Goole will restored.
For a short while after this date, contractors will be using work boats to install fenders and so care should be taken when travelling along this section past the breach site at New Bridge.
Please be aware lengths of bank above and below the breach site at New Bridge have suffered extensive damage due to the breach. Repairs are programmed to take place during 2022 and 2023. Until the repairs are undertaken and completed, please note the following information and adhere to instructions regarding mooring:
No mooring or overnight staying in the section from:
- 200m west of New Bridge (Grid Reference SE67608 20410) to
Went Aqueduct (SE 65002 18441) and
Pollington Lock (SE 61644 19194)
- – hidden underwater obstructions that could pose a danger to navigation are to be found within this area along the bank edges on both sides.
- – when navigating keep to the centre line where possible. When passing other craft keep a minimum of 4m from the bank edge where possible.
For your safety due to bank damage and instability the towpath is closed from:
– Southside – Pollington No.4 Swing South Dyke Bridge to Went End Aqueduct
– Southside – Beevers’ Bridge to New Bridge